RLD has two large unique tourism development projects, with a surface of more tan 1,500 Ha, located in areas of great growth of demand and important investments in infrastructure.
RLD is an investment and development platform for low-density residential and hotel tourism projects with a sustainable approach. As part of the platform, an investment vehicle for institutional investors, both international and domestic, was created. Its main investors are pension funds, development banks, and leading global institutional investment funds.
In 2015, RLD created and listed RLH Properties, a leading hotel and resorts company in Mexico and Spain, with emblematic assets such as the Four Seasons hotel in Mexico City, the Rosewood, Fairmont, Banyan Tree, and Andaz hotels in Mayakoba, the One & Only Mandarina, as well as the Hotel Villamagna in Madrid.
In December 2019, the sale of its stake in RLH Properties was signed, which was successfully completed in March 2020.
RLD has a unique project of 1,200 ha., located in Costa Alegre, 105 kilometers from Puerto Vallarta Airport, and 10 minutes from the new Costalegre airport.
It has 8 kilometers long beach surrounded by a large estuary, offering spectacular views on either side of it. It has environmental permits for the development of hotels and residences.
Main advantages of the platform:
- Focus on “master development”, infrastructure development, urbanization, and creation of destinations.
- Team, which combines extensive financial, real estate, development, permitting, and construction experience.
- Proven experience in the integration of the development projects with the local communities.
- Combination of strategic partners and institutional investors, in listed and non-listed investment vehicles, committed to the existing developments.
- Best-in-class corporate governance structure in transparent institutional vehicles.
RLD has leading institutional investors
• Mandarina is a unique plot of 265 ha. located in the Riviera Nayarit, 40 minutes from Puerto Vallarta airport and 30 minutes from Punta Mita.
• It has 5 km of oceanfront and 2 km of beach.
In 2018 RLD contributed the Mandarina project to RLH Properties in exchange for shares.
At the end of 2019 RLD sold its entire stake in RLH Properties exiting the investment.
- Unique plot of 1,265 ha. located in Costa Alegre, 105 kilometers from Puerto Vallarta Airport and 10 minutes from new Costalegre future airport.
- It has 8 kilometers of beaches as well as a large natural lake surrounding terrain, offering spectacular views on either side of it.
- MIA (environmental permit) obtained for the development of hotels and residences branded and non-branded (HMA signed with Krezner for the development of a One & Only and residences).
- Final Master Plan under definition.
Potential of Development
- Development of hotels and residential lots, including major private beachfront lots for which significant demand has been identified.
- Will benefit from the construction of Jala – Compostela, Las Varas – Puerto Vallarta and tendered, which connects Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta in less than 2.5 hours, representing an increase in potential demand of 18 million people.
- Will benefit from the construction of Costalegre airport, whose runway is already built.
- Area with significant demand, between Careyes and Puerto Vallarta.